The ‘Audrey’ dress is the creation of fabulous London-based designer, Rejina Pyo. Made in Korea, this asymmetrical piece is as much casual as it is grand. Artfully exuding both youth and maturity, this piece will impress any passerby, day or night. Constructed using 92% black rayon fabric, the weight of this piece is substantial, only highlighting its prime quality. The remaining 8% is nylon, consequently preventing the garment from appearing flat by giving it a slight glimmering sheen. In addition, the dress’ lining is made from 100% polyester and slides against your skin with ease and comfort.
There are so many details in this piece that I adore, like how the sides of the dress are lengthier than its center, resulting in a rectangular silhouette when you lift and extend them like wings. I also love how there is a stitched white lining that purposefully waves its way along the skirt; the edges of the dress, from top to bottom, also boast this beautiful characteristic. Another feature I appreciate is that the straps of the dress are adjustable. In relation to that, the sleeves of this dress don’t just rest on your shoulders, like most off-shoulder dresses do -- which would create the appearance of a straight horizontal line of fabric -- but instead they drop, dramatizing every lift of the arm.
Off-shoulder dresses are wonderful. This one, however, is truly extraordinary. The dress’ weight, size, composition all emphasize its theatricality. It’s just the kind of dress that is meant to have an audience. For a real spectacle, spin fluidly in it. It is jolly fun, and the vision it creates is elegantly and exotically wondrous.
UK size 10, EU size 38
Bust -- 81.5 centimeters
Waist -- 73 centimeters
Hips -- 232 centimeters
Center length (excluding straps) -- 97 centimeters
Side length (excluding straps) -- 136.5 centimeters
Caring instructions: I’d personally urge you to dry clean this item. However, if you prefer to wash it, please do so with similar colors. Also, do not bleach or tumble dry this piece. When ironing, keep the temperature low and if you can, place it underneath a protective cloth.
Featured in this look: Pamela Love ‘Hera’ Earrings, Nagae+ ‘Tin Breath’ Bracelet